Well I leave tomorrow morning at 3:00 AM to head for the airport. My family is going to visit my grandma who is not doing too well. I haven't seen her since my wedding 5 years ago, so the trip is going to be bittersweet. My dad has told me she won't be the same as I remember her and I agree, but I still have to say that I am nervous about what the trip will be like. I am mentally preparing for the worst, and I know that this will be the last time I see her before she passes, so I am trying to be ready for anything. I know she has lived a full and happy life which is helping this process go much better. I also know that she is ready to be with my "pop-pop" up in heaven, so I think that is what makes the trip so bittersweet.
One of the things I am also looking forward to is the trip back with my dad. It will give him and I some good quality time to talk and enjoy time together alone with no one else and I am hoping to have some good conversations. Also, we will be driving back from Wisconsin and stopping in Rockford, Illinois where I was born. I am excited to take pictures to bring back to James so he can see where I am from . On the way back we will be bringing home some of our favorite treats including my bagels, Fisher Potato Chips, and Sweet Corn. If you have never had sweet corn from up north than you really have NO CLUE what sweet corn is!
All in all, the trip is going to be filled with many emotions and I am sure I will be drained upon return, but it is a needed trip for us all to be together. Since it is 10:21 and I am not even half packed, I better get going!!! I might just end up staying awake all night! Watch out.......grumpiness will occur if I try that! Let's hope I make it to bed!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My best to you and your grandma. I do hope you are able to spend some quality time with your family. Safe trip Kim...
ReplyDelete